Updated Terms & Conditions 4th July 2020
Provision of the Training
- TSOM will provide the pupil with the relevant training in consideration for a fee.
- The TSOM instructor is bound by a code of professional conduct and will be polite, courteous and tidy at all times.
- TSOM will not be held liable for mechanical breakdowns of vehicle, strikes by the DVSA staff, Act of God or civil riots. In the event of such a problem, the Instructor will inform the pupil as soon as reasonably possible and re-schedule the lesson.
- TSOM instructors will endeavour to be punctual at all times. Due to heavy traffic at certain times of the day, any lessons which the instructor is late will be made up to the agreed time as previously booked.
- TSOM will provide a well maintained car fitted with dual controls. Cars will be fully ensured and smoke free.
- TSOM will text you on the day of your driving lesson to check that you are fit and healthy and you show no symptoms of COVID-19 (i.e. high temperature, and/or a new continuous cough, a loss of or change to your sense of smell or taste). If you advise that you have any of the COVID-19 symptoms, then the lesson will be cancelled free of charge.
- TSOM will sanitise the car immediately before your driving lesson. We will clean all contact points within and outside the tuition car.
- TSOM will text you once they have arrived outside your pick-up point and the car has been prepared, ready for your lesson.
- Before the lesson begins, TSOM will ask again whether you are fit and healthy for the lesson. If you are showing any symptoms of COVID-19 then the lesson will be cancelled immediately free of charge.
- TSOM will take your forehead temperature with a handheld infrared thermometer, as an additional precaution. If the reading shows a high temperature then the lesson will be cancelled immediately, free of charge.
- TSOM will provide hand sanitizer before you enter the car.
- TSOM will NOT ask you to handle any driving school literature when inside the car.
- TSOM will not use in-car air conditioning, and some if not all the windows to be open during the lesson to improve ventilation.
- At the end of the lesson TSOM will provide hand sanitazer once you have exited the car.
- TSOM will advise you to wash your hands as soon as you arrive in your house/destination.
- TSOM are only providing 2 hour lessons to minimise pupil turnover.
- If your TSOM driving instructor becomes ill (e.g. with systems of COVID-19) they will cancel the driving lesson and inform you as soon as possible.
- TSOM will expect you to use a face covering on driving lessons and on the driving test until further notice.
- TSOM will provide FREE OF CHARGE facemasks until further notice
- Until further notice, paper marking sheets will not be provided to clients. However, if requested, marking sheets will be emailed to the client at the end of the day of the lesson (if email provided).
The customer (pupils) obligations for driving a motor vehicle owned by Travis School of Motoring
- The pupil must hold a current, valid driving licence (provisional or full) which must be produced to the instructor on or in advance of the first driving lesson.
- You will need to inform TSOM if you have any driving endorsements.
- The pupil must be able to read a vehicle’s index number from a distance of 20.5 metres (67 feet- approx 5 car lengths) with glasses if normally worn.
- The pupil must ensure that he/she is in a fit and proper state to drive a motor vehicle. At no time under training is the pupil to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs or medication which prohibits the use of machinery or driving a mechanically propelled vehicle that may affect his/her ability to drive.
- If at any time, in the instructor’s absolute discretion, considers that the pupil is not in a fit state to drive safely, then the instructor may stop the Training Session. No refunds will be given for the training session.
- The pupil must be punctual for their lessons. The TSOM instructor will normally wait up to 10 minutes before the lesson will be abandoned and the cost of that lesson will be due in full from the pupil.
- In the interest of comfort and safety pupils are required to wear suitable footwear and clothing for driving purposes.
- No smoking is permitted in the vehicles.
- Whenever you are driving in the school vehicle, you will be under close supervision. However, the TSOM instructor cannot be held responsible for any infringements of the law. Any fines that are incurred will be the responsibility of the driver.
- Additional conditions due to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- TSOM will require you to wash your hands before starting your driving lesson.
- TSOM We will require you to inform your instructor if you feel ill before, during or after your driving lesson with symptoms of the COVID-19 virus (i.e. high temperature and/or a new continuous cough, a loss of or change to your sense of smell or taste).
- If you feel ill with symptoms of the COVID-19 virus before the lesson, the lesson will be cancelled, free of charge. If you become ill during the lesson then you will be charged for the time spent in the lesson.
- If you or any of your family/friends that you have been in contact with in the last 14 days are showing COVID-19 symptoms OR are asked to isolate, then inform your instructor as soon as possible. Your lesson will be cancelled, free of charge.
- You will be expected to use a face covering on driving lessons and on the driving test.
Customers obligations for taking a DVSA Practical Test.
- The instructor will inform the pupil when in their professional opinion they consider the pupil to be ready to take the test.
- If a pupil is not ready for the practical test and still wishes to go ahead, the pupil must make his or her own vehicle arrangements. TSOM will not be in a position to provide a vehicle.
- If the DVSA cancels the pupils test due to sickness of staff at very short notice, the pupil will still have to indemnify TSOM the cost of the agreed time booked for the test. A claim can be made to the DVSA on-line.
- During the Practical Test, the pupil will be responsible for the vehicle and not the DVSA Examiner. In an unfortunate event of a road traffic accident the pupil will reimburse TSOM with any insurance excess due if it is proved that the pupil was at fault.
- The instructor will NOT be sitting in the vehicle during the driving test.
Price and Payment/Refunds
- Payments: Until further noticed, no cash or cheque payments will be taken. Bank transfer is preferred. The payment method and details will be agreed at the time of booking. Each lesson will be signed off in the pupils progress record and the amount paid recorded.
- Late payments of driving lessons(24hours after lesson) will subject to an extra £10 charge per lesson.
- Any pre-paid lessons must be used within six months of payment or these lessons will become declared as used.
- Refunds on blocks of part used pre paid lessons. The remaining money not used will be refunded if requested.
- The pupil is responsible for the safe keeping of their property whilst having a driving lesson.
- If property is left in the vehicle we will return it as soon as possible.
Zero Tolerance Policy. TSOM instructors will not tolerate acts of aggression, verbal abuse or any form of dangerous driving. Our instructors are here to guide you and to become independently safe driver for life. Should any pupil become verbally abusive or aggressive, the TSOM instructor will cease the lesson and terminate all contracts.
This Privacy Statement explains how James Travis collects, uses, and discloses your information.
Where applicable, you consent to the use of your information as described in this Privacy Statement each time, so I urge you to read this document in full, and Contact me if you have any questions.
The system will record your email address and other information if this is voluntarily supplied by you. This shall be treated as proprietary and confidential. It may be used for internal review and to notify you to deliver requested/purchased services.
Where personal information is supplied, that information will be held in accordance with the terms of the UK data protection regulations.
Complaints Procedure. Any issues that the pupil is not happy with must first and foremost be dealt with your Instructor, either after your lesson verbally or by email or in writing. We will respond to your complaint within 7 working days. If for any reason you remain dissatisfied, you may refer to the DVSA:
- The Registrar
- Stanley House
- 56, Talbot St
- NG1 5GU